Do you have an eye for design and want to work with a growing brand and beloved product?
AG Hair, a Canadian company that makes products that work, creates foundations for healthy hair and skin, and gives back. We are looking for a Senior Production Designer.
AG creates high-quality products that are handcrafted to deliver on their promise. Since 1989, AG Hair has become a name synonymous with integrity and a brand whose devotees can’t help but Use. Love. Repeat.
Every Bottle Counts. We’ve been building schools in Africa since 2008. Every time you purchase an AG Hair product, you also help empower girls. We donate a portion of each AG product sold directly to the AG Hair’s philanthropic charity of choice, One Girl Can.
Working at AG...
Creating products that make a difference is no easy task, but at AG our people are hard-wired to do just that. Their passion, ingenuity and entrepreneurial spirit make it possible to produce, market and sell exceptional hair products every day. Every role is integral to the success of the company and every employee has the opportunity to see the impact their contribution makes.
The results speak for themselves. Named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Deloitte, AG’s culture is rooted in its values of collaboration, life-balance, diversity and respect.
The opportunity for you…
We’re looking for an individual to provide support to the Marketing Department while being a part of the Creative Team. This role is one of the cornerstones of the creative process and must be a master the Adobe Creative suite. Ranging from producing different versions of a visual theme for packaging, print and digital collateral and working cross-functionally with other departments and external vendors.
You will be responsible for…
- Maintain consistency in AG’s signature design style in communicating key messages and brand identity
- Manage the layout, production, editing and design materials for both web and print based communication channels
- Manage all bottle artwork for both new and updated labels on all sizes. Coordinate with outside suppliers on all film requirements
- Manage full cycle design projects from production to pre-press to deployment
- Work closely with Senior Art Director to understand all aspects of the project brief, interpret and produce the vision
- Interface with printers to communicate all aspects and requirements for the print project
What you offer…
- 5 to 8 years’ experience working in the area of graphic/advertising/studio design, ideally in the marketing and communications field; working with various mediums including but not limited to web, POP, print, packaging and magazines.
- Advanced computer skills in desktop publishing programs Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign, Acrobat, in addition to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Comprehensive understanding of the print process; capable of doing routine press checks, reading Kodaks, etc.
- Strong editing skills – a keen eye for detail, artistic flair and excellent grammatical skills
Please e-mail your portfolio, resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com and quote Senior Production Designer in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.