Into working with beloved product and a growing brand? Come sit with us!
AG Hair, a Canadian company that makes products that work, creates foundations for healthy hair and skin, and gives back. We are looking for a Senior Art Director.
AG creates high-quality products that are handcrafted to deliver on their promise. Since 1989, AG Hair has become a name synonymous with integrity and a brand whose devotees can’t help but Use. Love. Repeat.
Every Bottle Counts. We’ve been building schools in Africa since 2008. Every time you purchase an AG Hair product, you also help empower girls. We donate a portion of each AG product sold directly to the AG Hair’s philanthropic charity of choice, One Girl Can.
Working at AG…
Creating products that make a difference is no easy task, but at AG our people are hard-wired to do just that. Their passion, ingenuity and entrepreneurial spirit make it possible to produce, market and sell exceptional hair products every day. Every role is integral to the success of the company and every employee has the opportunity to see the impact their contribution makes.
The results speak for themselves. Named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Deloitte, AG’s culture is rooted in its values of collaboration, life-balance, diversity and respect.
The opportunity for you…
We are looking for an innovative, magnetic, and thoughtful leader to build and grow our in-house creative agency. This role leads and manages our creative team who handle all copy, design, and production. You must be well versed in concepting, executing, and directing high-quality, compelling creative assets to support all areas of marketing and product development (think website banners and photoshoots, to visual identities and packaging for new brands and categories).
Your first year will be packed with a brand refinement and accompanying visual identity evolution, packaging re-design, private label development, and getting to know our business and creative team.
You will be responsible for…
- Partner with the VP Marketing to solidify brand strategies for our corporate and product category brands.
- Responsible for the brand identity and tone of voice for all AG brands and private-label collaborations, across all sales and consumer touchpoints.
- Ensure our brands maintain clear and consistent visual representation, tone of voice and the aesthetic reflects its brand mission and pillars.
- Provide creative stewardship and guidance to your team, from ideation and concepting through to execution, across all areas of marketing, including brand launches, digital activations, packaging design and development, sales team support, etc.
- Coaching and directing all creative reports to ensure the timely execution of all duties.
- Supporting your team to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to be effective in their roles and grow their responsibilities.
What you offer…
- A mature professional with a minimum of 10 years progressive experience in design and creative direction; a demonstrated track record of performance excellence in commercial design (beauty and/or wellness industries is ideal)
- The ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires a team and focuses their energies to achieve business objectives
- Ability to coach and mentor direct reports
- A natural interest in social, cultural and fashion trends
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Completion of a BA in graphic design or similar from a post-secondary institute
Please e-mail your portfolio, resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Senior Art Director in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.